- Does everyone in my family need an individual card?
- No. One card can be used for all family members, but you can print individual cards.
- Can I use this card to get discounts on my pet’s medications?
- Yes, if your pet has been prescribed a medication that is also used to treat common human conditions you may get a discount on the medication.
- I just received my card. Can I use it right away?
- Yes, just use your card to start saving immediately. Present your RxSavingsPlus card at a participating pharmacy when you fill your prescriptions.
- I’ve lost my card. How can I get a replacement?
- Please visit the Retrieve My Card page, enter your email address and retrieve your card. You can also print a new card to use immediately if your email has changed.
- Can I use my card to get discounts on over-the-counter products and non-prescription medications?
- Not usually. However, discounts ARE available for many diabetic supplies.
- How is RxSavingsPlus Program different from traditional prescription insurance?
- This program is not insurance; it is a prescription discount program. The card provides immediate discounts at the pharmacy. Upon presenting your RxSavingsPlus card to the pharmacist, a discount is taken off the regular retail price of the prescription. There are no claim forms to fill out and no limit to the number of times you can use the card. These discounts are available only at participating pharmacies.
- Can I use my RxSavingsPlus card with my current insurance benefit to reduce my costs?
- Your card cannot be used in conjunction with other insurance. However, you are able to use your RxSavingsPlus card to purchase prescriptions that are not covered by these plans.
- How can I enroll?
- Enter your email and click on the “Print a Card” button on our website or call us toll-free at 1-877-673-3688.
- Can I still use my RxSavingsPlus prescription discount card if I sign up for a Medicare prescription plan?
- Yes, you can use your RxSavingsPlus prescription discount card anytime you need to purchase a prescription that is not covered by your Medicare prescription plan or any other insurance.
- Should I use my RxSavingsPlus prescription discount card during my deductible and coverage gap periods of coverage for covered medications?
- No. Only use your RxSavingsPlus prescription discount card to purchase non-covered medications.
- Can I use my RxSavingsPlus prescription discount card in addition to my Medicare prescription plan and get additional discounts?
- No. You need to present either your Medicare prescription plan card or your RxSavingsPlus prescription discount card. Only use your RxSavingsPlus prescription discount card when purchasing medications not covered by your Medicare prescription plan.
- I’m not going to sign-up for a Medicare prescription plan. Can I still use my RxSavingsPlus prescription discount card?
- Yes, you can continue to use your RxSavingsPlus prescription discount card just as you do today.
Pharmacy and Pricing Questions
- Which pharmacies accept the card?
- The RxSavingsPlus card is accepted at more than 60,000 pharmacies nationwide, including many of the leading chains. Click here for a list of participating chain pharmacies. Or, you can call your local pharmacy to ask if they accept the RxSavingsPlus card.
- How much will I save?
- While savings on each prescription may vary, as a member of RxSavingsPlus you can save up to 70%, with average savings of 22% off of the pharmacy’s regular retail prices for prescription drugs.
- Will I always receive the lowest price?
- Yes. You will receive the best price available to you through this program at the pharmacy. On occasion, pharmacies will price a particular medication lower than the discount rate provided by the card. If that occurs, you will receive the lower price.
- Can I find out the discounted price of my prescriptions before going to the pharmacy?
- Because prices can vary by location, only the actual pharmacy can tell you the exact price of the prescription.
- Why did the price of my prescription change since the last time I purchased the prescription?
- Drug prices are different from pharmacy to pharmacy. Even chains have different prices in their stores depending on the population they are servicing. Additionally, manufacturers’ drug prices change periodically.
- What percentage will I save on all my medications?
- Because a pharmacy’s retail price or usual and customary charge can differ greatly by pharmacy, your exact percentage of savings may vary depending on the prescription drug and the price you have paid before.
- Do I have to choose between my RxSavingsPlus card and a flat rate $4 generic option?
- No, always present your RxSavingsPlus card at a participating pharmacy so you will receive the lowest price available from the pharmacy for that prescription medicine on that day. You will receive the $4 flat-rate price, or the RxSavingsPlus discounted price when it is lower.
- What services does MinuteClinic offer?
- MinuteClinic diagnoses and treats a variety of common illnesses and minor injuries. Click here to access MinuteClinic services.
- How do I find a MinuteClinic?
- MinuteClinics can be found in select CVS/pharmacy locations in the following 25 states: AZ, CA, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, MD, MA, MI, MN, MO, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN , TX and VA. Click here to see a list of MinuteClinic locations near you.
- Can I find out the price of services before going to MinuteClinic?
- Because prices vary by service, click here for a list of services and costs.
- Do I need an appointment to go to a MinuteClinic?
- No appointment is necessary. For your convenience, MinuteClinic is open seven days a week.
- How much will I save?
- If you are uninsured, you can save up to 10% at MinuteClinic on any regular priced health service or screening*. Simply show your RxSavingsPlus card at MinuteClinic to obtain the discount.
*Up to $10 per person, per visit. Cannot be used in conjunction with any health insurance. Payment is due at time of visit. MinuteClinic®.
Health & Wellness
Click here for information and articles regarding Health and Wellness.